To ease your move into Liberty Towers, the Newton Housing Authority has compiled the following list; answering some of the most common questions asked about the Move-In process.
- When you have confirmed the date that you will be signing your lease, you may contact a moving company, family, or friends to schedule a move-in date. You can move-in as soon as the lease is signed. No one will be allowed into an apartment, prior to this date, unless expressed permission has been given by the Newton Housing Authority.
- Move-ins are permitted during business hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Evening or weekend move-ins are permitted with prior Housing Authority approval.
- Maintenance staff will install protective pads in the large elevator to protect the walls. This elevator may be used for moving. Arrangements can be made to reserve the large elevator for your use alone during the move-in.
- Hand trucks and flat carts are available for your use. Arrangements can be made with the Housing Authority for their use during the move.
- Moving trucks (including personal vehicles) must be parked at the side loading dock. This area is large enough for two vehicles if necessary. The front door may NOT be used for moving in, as it is a fire zone. No vehicles are permitted to park in front of the building at any time.
- Do not discard any items in the dumpsters. Once notifying the main office, the Maintenance staff will discard the items accordingly. An extra charge may apply.
- For your convenience, a work order may be requested to have maintenance staff install curtain rod brackets, hang pictures, heavy mirrors, or wall units for you. While these type of work orders do not take preference over emergency and routine work, they will do their best to assist you in a timely manner.
- Once you have contacted the local telephone company to request service, you are requested to inform the Newton Housing Authority of your telephone number.
If you have additional questions and we can be of further assistance to you during this transition, please feel free to contact the office at (973) 383-5191.
We look forward to having you with us!